|James K. Polk. This is the first |
photograph of a U.S. President.
Allegany McGuire married Sarah Holiday, giving one of his sons the even more amazing name of Holiday McGuire.
CHILDREN of ALLEGANY and SARAH are:
(1) Rhoda McGuire was born 16 Nov 1785; married John Lewis Vawter; died 28 Aug 1824 in Maury County, Tennessee.
(2) Mourning McGuire was born 20 Aug 1787.
(3) Nancy McGuire was born 3 Jun 1789.
(4) Cynthia McGuire was born 9 Feb 1791; married first, Richard Johnston Vawter and second, John Ray.
(5) Holiday McGuire was born 29 Dec 1792.
(6) Matilda McGuire was born 8 Oct 1794.
Looks like sisters Rhoda and Cynthia married brothers, a fairly common occurrence in the rural and frontier regions.