Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hello, World

I have dabbled in genealogical research to a varying degree for about 25 years now and I keep running across interesting stories.  I decided to start this blog to share some of the stories with family (close and distant) and any other fellow researchers.

I will expand this later but I am from Tuscumbia, Colbert County, Alabama.  Most of my family has been there for several generations back.  As far as I know, my ancestry is largely English (mostly coming to Virginia or Maryland in the 1600's) and Scots or Irish (most arriving in the Carolinas in the 1700's) with a bit of German thrown in.

Most of my ancestors from the mid-1800's to the present lived in either Lawrence, Franklin, or Colbert County, Alabama, or Tishomingo County, Mississippi, so if you have relatives from there, we might well have some common relatives, or at least some that were neighbors.  Further back, they mostly came through the Carolinas and Virginia, with a few from Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment